Exchange Server Business Continuity
LG Networks Exchange Server Disaster Recovery Experts are certified Exchange Consultants who have gained years of experience after effectively installing, upgrading, backing up and recovering countless Exchange Servers across the country. When you work with our Exchange Server Disaster Recovery Professionals, you can be sure that they will help you to implement a solid recovery plan to avoid any data loss and allow a quick resumption of your business operations and ensure maximum business continuity.
Our Exchange Server Disaster Recovery Experts use Microsoft Exchange Server Best Practices to mitigate your business risks and minimize downtime. Its never too late to prepare for a disaster….until it is.
Database Recovery Management Tool
The Database Recovery Management tool contains a set of tasks that you can use to resolve database-related issues, such as the following:
- Verify database and transaction log files. Determines the reason why databases cannot be mounted successfully, or verifies the restored database files to make sure that all necessary database, streaming, and transaction log files are available to perform a restore.
- Analyze log drive space. Examines dismounted databases, checkpoint file, and log files for each storage group to determine log drive space issues.
- Reset log generation number. Moves all transaction log files for a storage group to an temporary location, and restarts the log generation number. This action is required when a storage group runs out of transaction log file names.
- Repairs corrupted databases. This task can cause permanent data loss, so you should consider restoring from backup before using this approach.
- Show database-related event logs. Examines database-related event log entries during a specified time range. Currently, this task will display Extensible Storage Engine (ESE), ESE backup and Microsoft Exchange Information Store (MSExchangeIS) events in a list view window.
- Create the recovery storage group. Creates a recovery storage group for a storage group that needs to be restored.
- Mount or dismount the databases in the recovery storage group. Mounts or dismounts the databases in the recovery storage group.
- Remove the recovery storage group. Removes the existing recovery storage group when it is no longer needed.
- Merge or copy mailbox content. Merges or copies mailbox content from the databases in the recovery storage group to production mailboxes.
- Set Database can be overwritten by restore option. Sets the Database can be overwritten by restore option if you need to restore the database files.
Database Troubleshooter Tool
The Database Troubleshooter tool can be used to repair and analyze the following Exchange database issues:
- The database will not mount.
- Log file are inconsistent.
- Log file generation has run out of numbers to name the log files.
With a look and feel based on the familiar Exchange Best Practices Analyzer (ExBPA) framework, the Database Troubleshooter analyzes an Exchange mailbox or public folder database and any available associated transaction log files to provide guidance on recovery feasibility and recommendations. Exchange administrators faced with database-mount problems frequently make incorrect assessments about the problem at hand, often running Eseutil or Isinteg when they don’t need to, resulting in lengthy and avoidable messaging-system outages. The Database Troubleshooter seeks to demystify recoverability at the Exchange database level, letting you make sound recovery decisions without stumbling through trial and error.
Using Exchange Management Shell to recover mailbox data
Although the familiar Exchange Server Mailbox Merge Wizard (ExMerge) UI is indeed gone In Exchange Server 2007, many of the most frequently used features in ExMerge have actually been rewritten as part of Exchange Management Shell—a powerful command-line scripting environment that’s based on Windows PowerShell technologies and is a core part of Exchange 2007. ExMerge is very powerful, with multiple filtering and selection options. It is useful in many scenarios other than disaster recovery and has been an Exchange administrator favorite for years.
Exchange Server Database Utilities
Exchange Server Database Utilities (Eseutil.exe) is a command-line tool that works with the Extensible Storage Engine (ESE), database files, and log files that are associated with an Exchange database. You can use Eseutil to verify, modify, and repair an Exchange database file. When a database is corrupt or damaged, you can restore data from backup or repair it using Eseutil.
Information Store Integrity Checker
The Information Store Integrity Checker (Isinteg.exe) finds and eliminates errors from the public folder and mailbox databases at the application level. Isinteg is not intended for use as a part of routine information store maintenance; it is provided to assist in disaster recovery situations. Because the Isinteg tool works at the logical schema level, it can recover data that Eseutil cannot recover. This is because data that is valid for the Eseutil tool at the physical schema level can be semantically invalid at the logical schema level.
Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager (DPM)
Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 and 2010 natively offer many data protection and high availability technologies, including clustering support and two continuous replication modes. Data Protection Manager (DPM) 2007 and DPM 2010 extend the native Exchange Server feature set to provide continuous data protection with byte-level replication, integrity checking, and full support for disk-to-disk and disk-to-disk-to-tape backup. DPM offers comprehensive data protection for organizations of all sizes and helps maintain the business value of your Exchange Server infrastructure with enhanced protection for highly available deployments. Now you can back up your Exchange Server 2003 through 2010 with Data Protection Manager 2010. See DPM 2010 New Features.
In addition, Exchange works well with the Microsoft Windows Clustering Service. Running Exchange in a Windows cluster can provide you with even faster recovery and greatly reduce maintenance downtime for tasks like installing service packs and security upgrades.
Microsoft Exchange Hosted Continuity
Microsoft Exchange Hosted Continuity helps protect and provide continuous access to e-mail for a business and its employees, if the primary e-mail system becomes unavailable. Take advantage of Microsoft Exchange Hosted Services to keep your business running in case disaster strikes.
About LG Networks, Inc.
LG Networks is a leading Microsoft Gold Certified Partner company providing Exchange Server Disaster Recovery Consulting Services nationwide. As part of our Disaster Recovery Consulting team, our Exchange Server Disaster Recovery Professionals will guide you on how effectively to implement a Recovery Strategy that better fits your business and technology needs. Contact us so we can give you a free, no-strings-attached demo.